The standard MLA heading
A Works Cited page
Throughout the paper, you will use evidence from the story to support your thesis. You might use one or two direct quotations (short ones if possible) but most of your support will use paraphrases.
You must include a Works Cited page. Do NOT use the word page in that designation.
Avoid references to yourself, such as “ I think”, “I feel”, “I believe” , etc. In an essay 5-7 paragraphs long, answer ONE of the following questions. Make sure that you begin your essay with a specific thesis statement that you can develop with clear examples from the story to support it. After each question, there are some prompts to help you think about an answer.
Analyze the character of Cora Jenkins. (You might think of this as primarily Formalist since it concentrates on an analysis of character.) What sort of person does Cora prove to be? This is your thesis question. To answer this question, think about the events in her life from the beginning to the end of the story and how she responds to each one. What are Cora’s experiences in life, love, and work? What is her family life like? How does she interact with those around her? Who or what does she value? Do her values clash with the values of others? What are her work and social conditions? Is there a common thread to her responses? Does she evolve over time?[supanova_question]
take two topics of your own choice and write a 2
take two topics of your own choice and write a 2 full-page Compare and Contrast Essay using the organization techniques (Topic-by-Topic or Item-by-Item
3. Decide whether to use the Topic-by-Topic pattern or the Item-by-Item pattern. Either pattern is valid, so use the one you are most comfortable with. When you decide on your pattern, create an Outline as we did in the Unit 4 notes for Community Colleges and Universities.
4. Be sure that your essay has an introduction that has the four points listed in the lecture notes, not necessarily in the order given in the notes: Topic, Thesis, Attention Grabber, Signposting. (Note, if you decide to write the essay inductively by not having the thesis in the introduction but in the conclusion, that is acceptable, so in place of the thesis in the introduction, you may ask a question and/or explain the purpose of the essay).
5. With your outline, you will write the essay filling in all the details for each point in the outline.
6. Be sure to have a conclusion where you evaluate and analyze the topics. This conclusion could be more than one paragraph, and you will likely develop it after writing all the other points of the essay. Part 3 of the Unit 4 notes show how the essay evaluated and analyzed the two types of schools to question the saying “you get what you pay for.”
7. Include a title for the essay.
8. Read over the essay several times to see if you need to make any revisions. Also, proofread the essay to make corrections. It is a good idea to let at least one other person read your essay for revision and proofreading. Your reader could be a friend or family member, or it could even be someone you connect with in class. It is fine to get together with a classmate to e-mail essays back in forth for proofreading and revision.
The essay needs to be at least two full pages following the MLA formatting guidelines of 1-inch margins, double spacing between lines, Times New Roman 12 type.[supanova_question]
1. Read the play 2. Watch one of these films of Essay
English Assignment Help 1. Read the play
2. Watch one of these films of productions of the play:
a. This excellent production by the Royal Shakespeare Company at the Barbican, London–rent on Amazon for $2.99:
The details are in the file below. I can send in Essay
The details are in the file below. I can send in the previous feedback and rubric to show you how my teacher grades.[supanova_question]