1. For best results, when should the client send in their sample?
Within 1 week
Within 6 weeks
Within 1 month
Within 6 months
2. A person with a low genotype for VO2 max, should incorporate what type of training for optimal success?
Low intensity cardio only training
High intensity cardio only training
Low intensity cardio and strength training
High intensity cardio and strength training
3. A non-medical diagnosis genetic test is known as which of the following?
Direct to consumer
4. Which genotype indicates a person is more likely at risk for short sleep duration?
Slightly below average
5. Which of the following is a known benefit of a normal genotype for weight loss tendency?
Decreased likelihood to regain weight
Decrease need for strength training
Increased need to follow nutrition plan
Increased need to participate in cardio exercise
6. Which of the following is a tip for successful dieting?
Utilize a food log with calorie consumption targets
All or nothing diet
Keep treats in a hidden kitchen cabinet
Give into cravings
7. Which of the following terms determines how well the test measures the gene?
8. Which of the following is a Vitamin C rich food?
9. Which of the following is a normal range for Triglycerides in the blood?
Less than 150mg
150 to 199mg
200 to 299mg
300 to 399mg
10. What percentage of daily caloric intake is low fat?
11. Which of the following is most important for a trainer to emphasize to a client with a low genotype for weight loss tendency?
They may gain weight
They need to strength train
They will still lose weight
They will keep lost weight off
12. It is believed that vegetarians need what percentage of additional zinc?
13. When it comes to impulse control, what genotype person will be less likely to succumb to the lure of high fat sweets and snacks?
14. For the trait fat loss response to cardio, an enhanced genotype indicates which of the following?
They will use fat sooner than a person with a normal genotype
They will take longer to use fat than a person with a normal genotype
They will lose fat instantly with exercise
They do not need to follow a nutrition plan to lose fat
15. How much magnesium does the body need on a daily basis?
Women 320mg, Men 420mg
Women 420mg, Men 320mg
Women 320mg, Men 520mg
Women 220mg, Men 420mg
16. How many days a week of cardio exercise should be programmed for a client who is looking for enhanced health benefits and has an enhanced genotype to HDL, glucose, and insulin response to exercise?
17. For a person with an enhanced genotype for protein intake, what benefit can they expect from a higher protein diet?
Increase in weight loss or athletic performance
Decrease in weight loss or athletic performance
Decreased carbohydrate utilization
Increased fat utilization
18. Which of the following minerals put a person at risk for low bone density when there are inadequate levels in the body?
19. How many milligrams of caffeine is recommended to consume for an individual with a slow genotype to caffeine metabolism?
0 to 49 milligrams
50 to 99 milligrams
100 to 150 milligrams
151 to 200 milligrams
20. Which of the following genotypes is likely to experience detrimental effects on performance from caffeine?
21. Which of the following is the 2nd step in explaining the genetic testing process to a client?
Clients sends the sample kit in the mail
Client follows instructions to personally register the kit
Client receives results in 2-3 weeks
Clients receives the test kit from the professional
22. Clients with a less likely genotype for intrinsic motivation to exercise can benefit from which of the following?
No need for motivation
23. What is the ideal time for a person to do cardio exercise who has a fat loss goal?
End of the day
Right after they eat
3-5 hours after last meal
24. Which of the following comes from the breakdown of carbohydrates in the diet?
25. Which of the following traits is directly linked to a person’s athletic performance?
Fat loss response to cardio
Motivation to exercise
26. A client is a semi-professional football player who has trouble keeping up past the 3rd quarter. The trainer finds out his genotype is equal power and endurance muscle fibers, which of the following is recommended?
The trainer cut out power training all together
The trainer suggest he consume more caffeine before a game
The trainer instructs him to increase his carbohydrate intake
The trainer focuses more of his training on endurance type activities.
27. Which of the following genotypes are likely efficient at converting and metabolizing the fatty acid needs?
Slightly above average
28. Weight loss through diet and exercise indicates which of the following?
If the client has the ability to lose weight
If the client will regain all the weight lost over time
The rate at which a client will genetically lose weight
How much weight a person will lose
29. How many days a week should a trainer incorporate strength training for a client who has a normal genotype for body composition response to strength training?
30. What is the most common nutritional deficiency world-wide?
31. Which of the following genotypes will experience a small decrease in exercise heart rate with training?
Well above average
Slightly above average
32. Which of the following should a person with a normal genotype for glucose response to exercise incorporate into their diet?
Whole plant foods
33. Excess protein in the body not used for energy is converted to which of the following?
34. When designing a program for a client with a below average genotype for fitness response to cardio, which of the following should be incorporated?
Longer high intensity workouts
Longer moderate intensity workouts
Shorter high intensity workouts
Shorter moderate intensity workouts
35. For the trait HDL response to cardio, an individual with a normal genotype should focus on which of the following types of exercise?
Longer higher intensity cardio sessions
Shorter higher intensity cardio sessions
Longer lower intensity cardio sessions
Shorter lower intensity cardio sessions
36. Which of the following traits contributes to immunity, metabolism, learning, and memory?
37. Which of the following defines the genetic variations or differences that make up to 0.5% which makes each person unique?
38. Which vitamin is required by the body to absorb calcium?
39. Which of the following genotypes can expect to see a larger increase in stroke volume response to exercise?
Slightly above average
40. Which type of iron is the most absorbed by the body?
41. Which genotype indicates a person’s CRP levels are likely to fall in an elevated range?
Well Above average
Slightly above average
42. When reviewing the trait of insulin response to dietary fat, a sensitive genotype individual may benefit from eating a diet containing what level of fat?
43. How many chromosomes does the human cell contain?
44. No matter the genotype, when it comes to addictive behavior what is one-way personal trainers can help clients avoid overreaching?
Only program 3 days per week
Alternate strength training and cardio training weeks
Suggest the client have a training partner
Encourage the client to keep a training journal
45. Which of the following is a type of chromosome?
46. Which of the following is categorized as a preferred starch vegetable?
47. For a client with an enhanced genotype to body composition response to exercise what is the MINIMUM number of days per week they should strength train?
48. Which of the following is a protein particle in the blood that carries cholesterol to the liver, helping to clear it from the blood?
49. What is a protein found in blood plasma that binds to the surface of dead or dying cells and certain bacteria to clear them from the body?
C- reactive fat
S- reactive protein
C- reactive protein
S- reactive fat
50. An equal endurance/ power individual will likely be successful in which of the following?
1 rep max lift
few seconds ago