What are the social, political and economic contexts that have produced popular social movements in contemporary Latin America?
What social groups and organizations have mobilized and what claims or demands have they made?
What strategies and tactics have Latin American social movements used in their struggles against the dominant forces in society?
What are the challenges and limitations facing Latin American social movements?
Please make sure to reference examples from particular social movements to illustrate your points.[supanova_question]
This is an assignment that just requires the reading of an
This is an assignment that just requires the reading of an article and watching a video to answer a series of questions. Each question is separate from one another and is to be answered EACH in a different paragraph. It is not meant to be a formal paper. Link to the video to watch:
Questions 1, 2, 3 and 4 to answer each in their own paragraph will be based on the video with the link provided. Question 5 in their own paragraph will be based on the article, that will be attached to the files.
Question 1: Video Cue: The Learning Classroom icon fades out at approximately 9:00 into the program.
Audio Cue: Ms. Helber says, “And that’s really my pedagogy of teaching anything. That if I can get the students to explore ideas and make meaning of what they’re exploring themselves that’s going to stick with them for a lifetime.”
• What do you notice about the children’s problem-solving strategies in this video segment?
• In your specific content area (math or science), can you give an example of a learning problem you could design for your students that would have real-life meaning for them?
Question 2: Video Cue: The Learning Classroom icon fades out at approximately 11:15 into the program.
Audio Cue: Ms. Helber says, “I think it’s important that, for students to behave like mathematicians, that they need all the materials that they might need in order to solve a particular problem. I offer all different sorts of ways or methods that they might arrive at an answer.”
• How might encouraging students to think and behave like mathematicians help them transfer their problem solving skills to learning in other contexts and subject areas?
• What teaching strategies might you use in your classroom to facilitate students’ transfer of their learning?
Question 3: Video Cue: The Learning Classroom icon fades out at approximately 18:15 into the program.
Audio Cue: Mr. Johnson says, “Even though we have something that we want to teach, all of the children come with some amount of knowledge about something. So before we start to tell them anything, we want to see what it is they already know, so that we can start to make connections.”
• What are some ways Mr. Johnson might be able to assess what students already know as they embark on a new activity?
• What kinds of knowledge and skills do you think Mr. Johnson’s students transfer into this activity? In other words, what knowledge and skills are they building on?
• What kinds of knowledge and skills do you think these students will be able to transfer out or apply to future activities and tasks?
Question 4: Video Cue: The Learning Classroom icon fades out at approximately 23:45 into the program.
Audio Cue: Mr. Johnson says, “So again it’s not something that is pencil and paper and I’m going to mark off when they get 10% and 20%, it’s more of an application in the real world, because in the real world, the proof is that you did it.”
• What are some of the ways students monitor their understanding in this video segment?
• How might the ability to monitor your own understanding affect your ability to apply new knowledge or skills?
• In your own classroom, what are some of the ways you can help students to assess their own progress as they work?
Question 5: Explain what transfer is and why it is important to the learning process. With specific examples, describe how the learning environment, the characteristics of the students, and the way the teacher organizes knowledge can influence transfer.
Extra note: EACH question in a paragraph form and there is no need for directly quoting the article or video, just thoroughly answer the 5 questions, also no works cited is needed (there should be 5 paragraphs at the end, one for each question)[supanova_question]
In this activity, interview a member of another generation about workplace
In this activity, interview a member of another generation about workplace trends. Identify the person and generation.
Choose an adult to interview from one of the generations listed below.
Millennial, born between 1982-1998
Generation X, born between 1961-1981
Baby Boomers, born between 1943 – 1960
Silent Generation, born between 1925 – 1942
Interview the person by asking the following questions:
What is (was) your career field?
What is (was) your last job title in that field?
What were your family’s expectations for you? That you succeed as well as they did or better than they did? Explain.
Would you describe your culture as traditional? Why or why not?
Are (were men and women treated differently I n the workplace? Why or why not? How?
What are (were your employer’s expectations of your attitude toward your career and family?
Do you think you had freedom in choosing your career? Why?
Use the results of your interview to prepare a report discussing and sharing the results to your professor.[supanova_question]
STEP 1: Initial Posting. To be a minimum of 4 substantive
Writing Assignment Help STEP 1: Initial Posting. To be a minimum of 4 substantive paragraphs covering all questions below. The initial post must be at least 250 words in length. Provide a list of any outside sources (peer reviewed/sources of academic research) that were used to answer the questions below. Answer each question(s) below. Due November 21, 2021 by 11:59pm
1. Describe the elements of the routine activities theory.
2. Explain what is meant by the term environmental criminology.
3. Describe security methods undertaken to apprehend shoplifters.
4. Although one-officer in lieu of two-officer patrols appear to have virtually no effect on crime, what might be some reasons that some police agencies choose to continue that practice?
5. College degrees for police officers have no direct effect on crime, but what might be some indirect advantages to police officers obtaining a college degree in criminal justice?
Components of the Project: 1. A written paper describing the special
Components of the Project:
1. A written paper describing the special population group that was chosen by yourself and approved by instructor if you aren’t sure about your chosen topic.
2. The paper will be typed, double-spaced, 12-point Times New Roman font ONLY. APA format is preferred.
This paper will be a minimum of 3 pages. This paper should be no longer than 5 pages. Title page does not count as a page. On the last page, you will need to provide an exercise program for a specific client. Be sure to include a client profile (name, age, gender, etc.). Also, be sure to include what exercises to do, what not to do, and why. APA Format is preferred.
The paper should include a title page.
The paper should include a bibliography.
You will need to use professional journals and resources. At least 2 sources must be from a journal (peer reviewed). Please do not use websites only. If you use a website, it will need to be a professional, medical site (not just Wikipedia or any other site with information-WebMD, Mayo Clinic, Medline Plus, AMA are examples of acceptable websites). If you use a website, be sure you site it correctly on your bibliography page.
Answer the following questions on a separate document. Explain how you Essay
Answer the following questions on a separate document. Explain how you reached the answer or show your work if a mathematical calculation is needed, or both. Please include reference page as well.
1.) Would you characterize the U.S. dollar as a freely floating or dirty float system? What characteristics support your answer?
2, What is direct central bank intervention in the currency markets? Provide an example of this from the last 50 years
3.) Assume that Canada suddenly experiences high inflation. How might this affect the value of the Canadian dollar according to the purchasing power parity (PPP) theory?
4.) Australia’s central bank decides to increase the value of the Australian dollar against the Japanese yen. How might it use direct intervention to do this?
5.) Assume the following information: i. Mexican one-year interest rate = 15 percent ii. U.S. one-year interest rate = 11 percent iii. If interest rate parity exists, what would be the forward premium or discount on the Mexican peso’s forward rate? Would covered interest arbitrage be more profitable to U.S. investors than investing at home? Explain.
6.) Create a balance sheet for a typical bank, showing its main liabilities (sources of funds) and assets (uses of funds).
7.) The Federal Reserve has increasingly favored the use of Repurchase Agreements as part of its open market operations. Briefly describe these and why the Fed or banks prefer to use them.
8.)Banks engage in proprietary trading as part of their operations. Briefly speculate on why they now must adhere to more stringent trading activity as a result of the 2008-09 financial crises.
9.) Briefly describe two off-balance-sheet activities and why banks favor the use of these.
10.) f you were the CEO of a US bank, would you consider establishing a foreign branch? What might be a concern related to doing so?