– Refer to the PPT for additional help especially in the second question.
– Word count 800 to 1000 words for two questions.
1. Based on the weekly reading, do you think people are
1. Based on the weekly reading, do you think people are innately innovative or do people learn to be innovative under the right organization? In either case, how can organizations foster and retain innovative people? People who are creative/innovative may get bored if they aren’t properly challenged and compensated for their creativity. This question is part human resources, part organizational structure, and part philosophy. Feel free to be creative with your answer.
2. Tell the group about an innovative person you admire. Pick anyone except Steve Jobs. We all know the innovative things Steve Jobs did. You don’t need to pick a business leader. You could discuss a creative/artistic person (like Kurt Cobain or Taylor Swift, Thomas Kinkade or Mark Rothko, Stanley Kubrick or Steven Spielberg, Meryl Streep or Daniel Day-Lewis). What makes/made them innovative? How do they work with and/or against the institutional structures (e.g. the market, the art world, etc.) that came before them? How are they different from others and what impact have they had on their field? You don’t have to do a lot of research on this. Pick someone you’re interested in and tell us about their innovation/creativity.
Let’s close out our discussion of Five Force. This week, discuss
Business Assignment Help Let’s close out our discussion of Five Force. This week, discuss “bargaining power of customers”, “bargaining power of suppliers”, and “competitive rivalry” of WalMart. Identify and list them for Walmart and provide feedback for your peers.
The purpose of this project is to gain self-knowledge and apply
The purpose of this project is to gain self-knowledge and apply that knowledge in an application for a leadership position.
You are also completing this project to help you develop the skills of self-analysis, research, critical thinking, and writing a report intended for executive review. Writing is critical because, in business, it is important to convey information clearly and concisely and to develop a personal brand. Developing a personal brand is important because it is the ongoing process of establishing an image or impression in the minds of others, especially those in positions above you. Having a strong personal brand can lead to opportunities that include promotions.
Skills: Research, Writing, Critical Thinking, Developing a Personal Brand, Self-Analysis, Writing a Report.
Outcomes Met With This Project:
Use leadership theories, assessment tools, and an understanding of the role of ethics, values, and attitudes to evaluate and enhance personal leadership skills;
Assess the interactions between the external environment and the organization to foster responsible and effective leadership and organizational practices;
Develop individual awareness, style, and communication skills that enhance leadership skills;
Integrate and apply analytical principles and skills to make strategic decisions.
You have completed your role on the Succession Plan Committee. You and your Group identified leadership competencies for five internal positions, and your group also recommended some internal candidates for consideration of those positions.
As you are putting away your notes from the Succession Plan Committee meetings, you come across this statement “These positions will need to be filled over the next 12-24 months. There is not an immediate need for any of them currently, but vacancies will be imminent. The preference is to fill these internally….”
You cannot help but wonder, “why not me”? The more you read the descriiption of the open positions, the more you are convinced that you should put yourself forward as a candidate for one of these leadership positions.
Step 1: Course Material
For this project, you are required to use the case scenario facts and the course material. External sources are not permitted. You are not researching on the Internet or using resources from outside the course. You are expected to answer the requirements identified below, showing the connection between the case scenario facts and the course material. Using course material goes beyond defining terms and explains the ‘why and how’ of a situation. Avoid merely making statements but close the loop of the discussion by explaining how something happens or why something happens, which focuses on importance and impact. In closing the loop, you will demonstrate the ability to think clearly and rationally, showing an understanding of the logical connections between the ideas presented in a case scenario, the course material, and the question(s) being asked. Using one or two in-text citations from the course material throughout the entire paper will not earn many points on an assignment. The use of a variety of course material is expected to support what is presented consistently. The support must be relevant and applicable to the topic being discussed. Points are not earned for mentioning a term or concept but by clearly and thoroughly explaining or discussing the question at hand.
Step 2: Leadership Competencies Table
Review the Leadership Competencies Table completed in Week Two to accompany the Job Announcement. (You may also wish to review any feedback received from your Instructor about your Table.)
Step 3: Upcoming Open Positions at Life Science Nutraceuticals, Inc. (LSN).
Position #1: Sales Director, Middle East
Location: Saudi Arabia
Reports to: Executive Director, Asia Division
LSN’s Asia Division will be opening its first Middle East location in Saudi Arabia in the next 12 months. A Sales Director will be needed to head up this new division. A team of local salespeople will need to be recruited, hired, and trained by this leader. It is expected that this sales team may be largely men.
Two sources that are recommended for more information about doing business in Saudi Arabia are:
Guide to Saudi Arabia Etiquette, Customs, Culture, and Business
Saudi Arabia Management Guide
Position #2: Director of Research and Development (R