• Conduct an online search, and write a brief summary of
• Conduct an online search, and write a brief summary of two to three issues of strategic significance that FedEx has encountered within the past 12 months. Sources used to respond to this prompt should be credible, but not necessarily scholarly.
• Which one of Porter’s generic competitive strategies best describes FedEx’s competitive strategies? Which strategy in the Miles and Snow framework best describes FedEx’s competitive strategies? Support your responses with reasons and evidence.
• Evaluate how effectively FedEx’s service strategy supports and reinforces its competitive strategy. Provide examples to support your answer.
• Discuss three issues in the strategy formulation process that FedEx should consider before changing any of its current strategies.
– As the Human Resource Manager for ABC Company, you face
Business Assignment Help – As the Human Resource Manager for ABC Company, you face a couple of challenges. Complete Case Study 1 and Case Study 2. Support your positions by describing the role and functions of human resource management and motivating employees.
Case Study 1: Personnel Needs of ABC Company
-Read the following paragraph about the personnel needs of ABC Company:
ABC Company has hired you as the Human Resource Manager. The introduction of two new products, along with strong sales growth of existing products is straining the business. It is time to determine personnel needs and identify the jobs that need to be filled. This happens before recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training.
In one paragraph, describe the plan and activities you will use to determine the personnel needs of ABC Company.
Case Study 2: Motivational Strategies for ABC Company
Employee motivation and job satisfaction levels at ABC Company are suffering. Each of the following three scenarios represent a different motivational challenge for management. For each scenario, write one paragraph identifying a motivational theory that you think best applies to that scenario. Select the motivational strategy that will best improve the employee(s) motivation and explain how it will be applied.
A manager, approaching retirement, is very set in his ways. A very talented and knowledgeable individual, this person tends to be tough on his employees; this results in a department with low morale.
An employee who has worked at the organization for five years has continuously performed at a high level, producing quality work in a timely manner. Her manager has expressed concern that she may be getting bored and losing interest in her job.
A sales team is beginning to show a lack of intensity, and this is reflected in their performance. While there hasn’t been a dramatic drop in sales, the rate of growth has slowed significantly and customer complaints are increasing.[supanova_question]
After reading the required textbook chapter(s) 5,8,11 and reviewing the lecture
After reading the required textbook chapter(s) 5,8,11 and reviewing the lecture materials complete the following study questions
Lecture material link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WA4oH5s9CE
Course textbook Link: https://myebooks.mheducation.com/bookshelf/ebooks
Study Questions below:
1. How do capacity decisions influence productivity? Give an example to explain your point.
2. How are manufacturing and nonmanufacturing location decision similar? Different?
3. From the Week 4 lecture and OM Text Chapter 11, explain how the aggregate plan/SOP involves capacity planning.
4. Chapter 5, #3, page 209. A producer of pottery is considering the addition of a new plant to absorb the backlog of demand that now exists. The primary location being considered will have fixed costs of $9,200 per month and variable costs of 70 cents per unit produced. Each item is sold to retailers at a price that averages 90 cents. A) What volume per month is required in order to break even? B) What profit would be realized on a monthly volume of 61,000 units? C) What profit would be realized on a monthly volume of 87,000 units? D) What volume is needed to obtain a profit of $16,000 per month?
To submit the Study Questions record your responses using Microsoft Word[supanova_question]