Food Inc. or other documentary 10 pts
TED talk superbugs – 5pts
Article – MI farms – 5 pts
on the Homefront (Chapter 16- A People’s War?- A People’s History Of The United States by. Howard Zinn) In his book, Brothers In Arms, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar concludes that the 1.2 million African American veterans of World War 2 returned to America questioning “whether the first fully democratic nation would fulfill its promise.” To what extent can we see the seeds of the civil rights movement in the experience of African American soldiers? Discuss three connections that can be made between WW2 and the civil rights movement.
-Your essay should contain 3 main ideas. A conclusion is not necessary.
1. The Great Depression- Radical Responses (Chapter 15) While many history textbooks tell us that FDR and the New Deal “saved the nation”, historian Howard Zinn points to the mass rebellions and the uprisings of the 1930’s. Describe and discuss any three events and give your opinion on why these events were so important.Part III: INFORMATIVE ESSAY ( 50 points ) CHOOSE 1 QUESTION ONLY
-4 paragraphs minimum, single spaced, 11 point font
-Thesis Statement, Explain your viewpoint in your introduction
-Use your own words. SafeAssign will be used which shows when sentences or phrases are copied directly out of a text. A high score on SafeAssign will give you a low score. You are being graded on your ideas, not on your grammar.
-3 references are required. They can be a quote or paraphrase from Zinn, or a quote or reference from assigned readings that are posted on Blackboard. ALL MATERIALS should come from the assigned text, articles, and Blackboard.
2.War on the Homefront (Chapter 16) In his book, Brothers In Arms, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar concludes that the 1.2 million African American veterans of World War 2 returned to America questioning “whether the first fully democratic nation would fulfill its promise.” To what extent can we see the seeds of the civil rights movement in the experience of African American soldiers? Discuss three connections that can be made between WW2 and the civil rights movement.
3. Civil Liberties During Wartime (Chapter 14) World War 1 ushered in a period where civil liberties, especially the right to dissent, came under fire. Primary targets of the government included some labor unions, such as the IWW, and the socialists, led by Eugene Debs. Examine three examples of how civil liberties were limited and explain why you think this happened.
4. The Cold War Comes Home (Chapter 16) At the end of World War 2, the United States and the Soviet Union waged a “cold war “. This included proxy wars in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. The repercussions of this war were here in the United States, with a general attack against civil liberties. Describe and discuss three examples of this and comment on the impact on American society.
Look around your everyday life (the places you visit in real
Look around your everyday life (the places you visit in real life and online, the films and videos you watch, the clothes you wear, the objects you use, the buildings you pass-by on walks, etc.), and find a recent (21st century) example of art, design, or architecture that directly and meaningfully incorporates specific elements from historical art or architecture
NOTE: You will need to be able to name the SPECIFIC work of prehistoric, ancient or medieval art that your contemporary example is incorporating into its design.
Then, write a critical essay that makes an historically grounded argument about what comparing and contrasting these examples can teach us about the significance prehistoric, ancient, or medieval art and architecture still has on the production and meaning of contemporary culture.
The example for this essay will be The Great Pyramid of Giza and the Palace of Peace and Reconciliation
Thesis statement should be something like this ? By comparing Example A with Example B, I will argue how ancient XXXX artists’
continue to influence the way that contemporary XXXX artists and people see /
imagine YYYY, even though these contemporary artists no longer ZZZZ (or have
no connection to XXXXX, etc.)
Read the inscriiptions of all four rulers carefully. Then, select any
Writing Assignment Help Read the inscriiptions of all four rulers carefully. Then, select any two (2) of the four rulers and do a comparative analysis of the content, organization, and style of their inscriiptions. Important questions to consider include: How do the two rulers you have selected use their inscriiptions to explain and justify their power? For what audience(s) are they writing? To what institutions, people, customs, or principles do they appeal? Be sure to explain why you chose the two (2) rulers that you have selected for your comparative analysis.[supanova_question]
Observing your Lesson Plan
How accurately did she present the lesson the way you intended it to be taught?
Is there anything you would change?
Did anything surprise you in a positive way?
Did anything concern you?
What recommendations did your mentor teacher have to improve your plan?
Include these answers in a reflection and a complete this lesson plan like you are teaching it.[supanova_question]
Topic to research: Choose a human services problem as a main
Topic to research: Choose a human services problem as a main topic to research
and answer the research question below. You may choose a social problem like
poverty, treatment for people with disabilities, discrimination against minorities,
alcohol/drug addiction, child abuse, etc.
How does viewing multiple sources shape your attitude towards_______?
So, for example a title of your paper may be: How researching multiple sources shaped my attitude
towards the poor? Or My attitudes and views towards the poor?
Reference points to include in the paper:
? You are to research the following multiple sources (four points of views) on
your topic of choice as it relates to
1. A historical period – (past and/or present)
2. Economics – what is or was the state of our economy during this
3. the sociopolitical climate- (past and/or present)
4. the values of the society
? Make sure to mention any changes to your attitude after having researched
the different points of view. Compare them to thoughts, attitudes, and
behaviors prior to doing this research.
? Do you believe that considering multiple viewpoints when assessing and
treating human social issues/problems is important? Why or why not?[supanova_question]