Also, no header is needed. Just start directly from Question 1
Also, no header is needed. Just start directly from Question 1 at the top of the page
Answer the questions at the end of the reading in detail[supanova_question]
gender differences in cancer mortality real?
Psychology Assignment Help Take a look at the cancer death rate charts for men and women in your textbook (p.239 and p. 240). Discuss differences in cancer death rates for men and women. What are some psychosocial explanations for these differences?
I uploaded two pictures of my book. Page 239 and page 240 showing graphs.
Doesn’t have to be a fun page this is just a discussion board. Thank you![supanova_question]
Social Psychology: Paper Assignment The goal of this assignment is to
Social Psychology: Paper Assignment The goal of this assignment is to apply concepts and empirical findings from lecture and the text in evaluating the persuasiveness of an advertisement.
This assignment is worth 50 points
1. Begin by locating your advertisement. You MUST use an advertisement from print media (e.g., newspapers, magazines) that was published in the last 3 months. Most advertisements are well-suited to the requirements of the assignment. However, if you find it difficult to relate the required elements of the assignment to a given advertisement, you need to locate a new, more suitable advertisement. In other words, if more than one critical element is missing from your advertisement, find a new one. If your advertisement is missing an element, you must identify the missing variable and discuss how its absence either impairs or facilitates the advertisement’s persuasiveness. A thorough evaluation will include a discussion of relevant concepts and empirical studies from lecture and the textbook. THIS MEANS YOU MUST CITE and DISCUSS the research from your textbook and lectures. Simply telling me that the ad uses a one sided argument and what that means is descriiption. Evaluation discusses when and why a one-sided argument is better or worse than a two-sided argument using research to back up your opinion.
2. You will need to submit your advertisement along with your paper. a) Print media: Submit the original advertisement or a clear photocopy with your finished paper, along with the title and publication date of the outlet. Scan the ad and submit it with the paper.
3. Briefly summarize the advertisement’s appearance and other characteristics. Include where you found the advertisement (e.g., name of magazine). Besides this brief descriiption, devote your attention to evaluation, not descriiption of the advertisement.
4. Discuss the source of the advertisement. Focus your comments about source on the company that produced the product and the advertisement’s spokesperson (if any). Please note that the magazine in which an advertisement appears is its outlet, not its source. (Thus, you should be evaluating the credibility of Nike, for example, not Newsweek magazine.) However if the outlet influences the credibility I would work this into the paper. The following elements must be addressed: a) How credible is the source? b) Is the source attractive?
5. Discuss the message, addressing the following issues: a) What sort of affective or emotional response is the advertisement trying to elicit? Use research to discuss the effectiveness) b) Does the advertisement present one-sided arguments only, or two-sided arguments? How effective was their choice and why? Back up your opinion with research (Please do not select an advertisement that presents no arguments.) c) Does the advertisement use repetition? Was this effective why or why not.
6. Discuss the target audience for the advertisement. Include the following points: a) Who do you think this advertisement was intended to persuade? Why? Did they make a good choice for the placement of the ad? That is would it appeal to the likely reader? b) Would this advertisement be effective for a diverse audience (e.g., ethnic minorities, elders, low socioeconomic status)? Why or why not? c) Was this advertisement effective in persuading you? Why or why not? d) Based on the Elaboration Likelihood Model, was this advertisement intended to tap central or peripheral processing? Support your evaluation and conclusion with relevant concepts from lecture and the text. Make sure you discuss the model in your response.
7. Format requirements: All papers must be word processed, using clear, dark type and a 12-point font. All citation must be in APA style. You need not use a reference page if you only use sources from the textbook or lecture. Contact me if you need assistance with APA style. The entire paper must be double-spaced, with 1-inch margins on all sides of each page. Include a cover page with your name. This must be submitted to the course Blackboard page.
8. The importance of evaluation: A common error among past students has been to simply describe their advertisement. Please note that the emphasis of the assignment is on critical evaluation, not descriiption.
Notice the point totals on the next page; note that simply describing each section will result in a FAILING overall score.
You should cite the research supporting your argument for EACH POINT you make _____Summary of advertisement’s appearance, characteristics, and source.
Overall style APA citation style, spelling and grammar (10 points) _____Source (10 points total) _____Credibility (3 points) _____Attractiveness (2 points) _____Overall evaluation of the use of a source (5points) Assign 1 point if discussion is superficial or conclusion is inconsistent with advertisement, 2/3 points if critical elements are missing, 3/4 points if basic links are made to course concepts and empirical findings, and 4/5 points if a comprehensive analysis is presented. _____Message (15 points total) _____Affective response and evaluation (5 points) _____Use of one- vs. two-sided arguments (3 points) _____Use of repetition and effectiveness (2 points) _____Overall evaluation of message effectiveness (5 points) Assign 1 point if discussion is superficial or conclusion is inconsistent with advertisement, 2 points if critical elements are missing, 3 points if basic links are made to course concepts and empirical findings, and 4/5 points if a comprehensive analysis is presented. _____Audience (15 points total) _____Identity and why (5 points) Assign 1 point if discussion is limited to descriiption, 2 points if critical aspects are missing, 3 points if basic links are made to course concepts and empirical findings, and 4/5 points if a comprehensive analysis is presented. _____Diversity / ethnicity (5 points) Assign 1 point if discussion is limited to descriiption, 2 points if critical aspects are missing, 3 points if basic links are made to course concepts and empirical findings, and 4/5 points if a comprehensive analysis is presented. _____ELM: Peripheral vs. central and supporting evidence (5 points) Assign 1 point if discussion is superficial or conclusion is inconsistent with advertisement, 2 points if critical elements of the ELM are missing, 3/4 points if basic links are made to course concepts and empirical findings, and 4/5 points if a comprehensive analysis is presented. _____Total (50 points maximum) (Note: Criteria represent guidelines for grading. Criteria may be adapted as needed to meet unique situations.)[supanova_question]